Day 13 – Genesis 49
Last month I read through the story of Joseph in the Bible (Genesis 37-50). Each day I was challenged to share what I learned. Here was my insight into Genesis 49.
Blessed to bless
God has a plan. We don’t live in a chance based universe. There is order and reason. From the beginning God knew we needed salvation, so He put a plan in motion.
This is the end for Jacob. It’s worth going back to read about Jacob’s life (beginning in Genesis 25); it’s a picture of our need for redemption and salvation. Jacob ends his crazy, amazing life by blessing/prophesying over his 12 sons.
When he comes to Judah, he proclaims something completely outside of his understanding:
“The scepter will not depart from Judah, nor the ruler’s staff from his descendants, until the coming of the one to whom it belongs, the one whom all nations will honor.” Genesis 49:10
If you’re not familiar with the Bible, this is a promise of a Messiah. It’s a crack of light shining onto God’s plan for humanity. We need salvation. We need a savior. God has a plan. He put it in motion thousands of years ago, and He continues the plan today and into the future.
Salvation has come. There is hope for you and me. That’s good news. Even better news is more salvation is still to come. God has a plan. We get to jump on board for the ride. Want to join me?
Daily Blessing: May you know salvation. May you know salvation today, tomorrow and a great salvation yet to come.
Daily Challenge: Salvation has come to you. How has that changed your view on others? What more should change about your actions, words, thoughts?
Miss a day? Find it here:
- Day 1: Genesis 37 – Joseph: A Story of Redemption
- Day 2: Genesis 38 – Judah: A Road to Redemption
- Day 3: Genesis 39 – Joseph: The Presence is Strong in this One
- Day 4: Genesis 40 – Joseph: Ain’t Nobody Got Time for This
- Day 5: Genesis 41 – Joseph: Skills to Pay the Bills
- Day 6: Genesis 42 – Joseph: Finding Freedom in the Truth
- Day 7: Genesis 43 – Jacob: Squeezed into Decision
- Day 7b: Genesis 43 – Judah: It’s you and me
- Day 8: Genesis 44 – Judah: A
- Day 9: Genesis 45 – Joseph: Better over bitter
- Day 10: Genesis 46 – Jacob: Say goodbye, Say hello
- Day 11: Genesis 47 – Joseph: Where you go…
- Day 12: Genesis 48 – Joseph: It’s just perfect!